Wednesday 20 March 2013

BAT FOR LASHES ( Haunted Man : Marylin ) + musical impression evolution with time


Can not / refuse to get this album out of my head.

I can't believe how much my impressions of an album change from the first listen to multiple listens later. For some odd reason I always misjudge an album when hear it the first few times, to the point that it almost gets annoying  I guess it all turns into the same noise eventually. And then suddenly, as I'm listening one day, it just switches completely. Suddenly I am getting those songs in my head and understanding them completely and wondering how I didn't get addicted earlier. Next thing I know I love it. All this to say I've learned not to trust my instincts on music, and to keep a list of potential likes in memory to try again later when re-stumbling on them instead of ruling them out completely. It helps me keep an open mind. As a result, I have widely diversified the music on my iPod in a way that really suits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment