Tuesday 2 July 2013

Tattoo artist aspirations + practice art

Over the course of the past week I have been taking someone's suggestion that I be a tattoo artist pretty seriously. I can either order my own tattooing kitt complete with machines, practice tools, a dvd, a guide, etc, and do the tattooing at my place along with henna tattoos, or I could do an apprrenticeship at a tattoo parlor. I have a few months to decide either way.

Till then, I will be practicing and improving my art. After all, people might want to see a portfolio of some sort. Not to mention I want to be 100% sure of my ability to design and replicate before I begin practicing actual tattooing on bananas and pig ears/skin. I've got a few potential clients already. (People I know) I don't want to let them down.

This (in the picture) is something I started as a lazy scribble and it ended up a challenge. Blue hair, of course. Gotta get this fascination with long blue hair out of my system.

Also still working on all my other projects, here and there. The moleskines, the iphone cases, the jewelry...Though I am thinking of putting up a sign somewhere that says I offer my services as an intermediate level henna tattoo artist, that I believe I can handle most demands that come my way perfectly fine as I have in the past, and that I am dedicated to being honest with my clients about my abilities concerning the tattoo project. Sounds a bit scary, but like I said, I think I can handle it. I'm doing fine with my henna tattoo jobs so far.


Those are all things I will need to either think about doing or get done. No excuse to vedge out.

No comments:

Post a Comment